To send a cash gift now, please click here.
A magnitude 7.2 earthquake rocked the coast of Haiti Saturday morning causing widespread fear and devastation in the already suffering island nation. Food For The Poor partners in Haiti are on the ground and are sending their urgent requests for aid. We need your support.
Local residents and community groups can support the drive by bringing in food bags that contain the following items with an expiration date of February 2022 or later. For canned goods, pull-top cans are encouraged.
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 can of green beans
- 1 bag of yellow corn meal
- 1 bag of rice
- 1 can of Vienna sausages
- 1 can of sardines
- 1 jug of cooking oil
- 1 can of fruit (peaches/pears)
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 pack of Ensure or PediaSure
Additional food items being accepted::
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Protein bars
Additional items being accepted:
- Baby items: diapers, wipes, blankets, gently used clothes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Baby food and cereal (expiration date of February 2022 or later)
- Soap (bar or liquid)
- First-aid kits
- Rubber boots and gloves
- Paper towels and toilet paper
Please deliver items to our Coconut Creek warehouse at 6401 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek, Florida, 33073 Monday – Friday between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Residents can also drop off goods from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, August 21 and Saturday, August 28. Signs will be posted on our property to direct you to the warehouse.
Any local church or school that wants to donate to the Haiti crisis relief effort please consider the following:
- Have one or two drop-off sites to help centralize the locations
- Carefully sort through the items for proper expiration dating
- Package in boxes with like items
- Keep an inventory of goods to provide us prior to pick-up.
- This inventory is crucial for export and import in-country through customs
To register your church or organization for a collection drive, please click here.
Please call (954) 427-2222 ext. 4055 or email email@example.com for donation details.
You may also purchase critically needed relief supplies through our Amazon Charity List: www.foodforthepoor.org/emergencysupplies.
To create an online fundraiser for relief efforts, please visit www.championsforthepoor.org.
Food For The Poor is responding immediately following a 7.2-magnitude earthquake that struck Haiti’s southern peninsula.